Montreal Beach Resort Cape May Covid-19 Information
We hope you and your family are safe during this unprecedented time. We are also excited to announce that the Montreal Beach Resort and Boarding House reopened June 1st in accordance with the order of the city of Cape May, NJ.
As you know, the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has been a game changer for us all. Your well-being is our highest priority, and we delayed presenting our updated safety and sanitation protocols until we could confirm the most current regulations and standards from reputable sources and agencies. On May 14th, 2020, the NJ State Assembly passed a bill establishing guidelines in cleaning and disinfecting hotel rooms throughout the state. In developing our practices, we have honored the State Assembly guidelines as well as those set by national and state hospitality associations and major chain hotels. We are confident that we have established a protocol that will ensure your safety and comfort during your next visit.
Though our protocol is expansive, we wanted to provide some key points below:
- Face coverings are required in all common areas, both indoor and outdoor.
- Sanitizing stations and social distancing signage have been installed throughout the property.
- We have expanded the disinfecting and cleaning regimen for our rooms, utilizing CDC approved and environmentally preferable products and giving increased attention to frequently touched surfaces.
- All public areas, including elevators and restrooms, will be cleaned and sanitized constantly throughout the day.
- Our cleaning and sanitation practices at the Montreal’s onsite restaurant, Harry’s Ocean Bar and Grille, have also been updated to ensure a safe dining experience.
We have also partnered with “Cape May Strong”, a community-based initiative by residents and businesses who are committed to providing the best possible experience to visitors to our great town. Please visit the Cape May Strong website (capemaystrong.org) for continuous updates as our town moves forward in reopening.
While we have all had to adapt to unexpected challenges over the past few months, you can take comfort in one thing that will never change: the experience you have enjoyed with us for more than half a century. The Hirsch family remains committed to a level of hospitality and service you have come to expect and enjoy for generations. You are encouraged to contact us with any questions or concerns regarding your upcoming stay. Check out our blog for Things to do in Cape May.
We are looking forward to seeing and greeting you… with air hugs for now!
The Hirsch Family