Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Overview: The Maintenance Technician is responsible for ensuring the structural integrity of our beachfront resort and associated properties. The ideal candidate will maintain all hotel areas and assets to an impeccable standard of quality, while offering professional, courteous service to guests and work associates.
This is a full-time, year-round position. Weekend, holiday, and on-call availability is required. Overtime opportunities may be available.
Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Provide professional and courteous service at all times.
- Arrive to work on time in proper uniform.
- Attend staff and training meetings.
- Respond to and resolve all service requests in a courteous, efficient, and safe manner.
- Assist with and oversee all maintenance and preventive maintenance involving refrigeration, heating, plumbing, water treatment, AC units, ice machines, lighting, kitchen equipment, and more.
- Ensure all projects are completed on time and according to specifications.
- Maintain all work areas in a clean and orderly condition.
- Maintain building interior by painting, cleaning, and performing other duties as needed.
- Communicate regularly with supervisor and hotel department heads regarding building structure, systems, and equipment, and offer efficient and cost-effective solutions to any issues.
- Immediately report all safety and security concerns to supervisor.
- Ensure all key inventories are secure.
- Maintain equipment, supplies, and company vehicle through regular maintenance checks and accurate maintenance logs.
- Monitor electric, gas, and water usage.
- Monitor equipment and ensure there is an adequate inventory of parts, supplies, tools, and materials and report any needs to management.
- Respond promptly to all emergency situations and elevator breakdowns.
- Test and clean the pool and adjust chemical levels (in season).
- Set up and breakdown of special events on hotel property, as needed.
- Ensure all projects are completed in compliance with OSHA, fire, and safety laws.
- Perform other special projects and responsibilities as needed.
- Consistently professional and positive attitude when communicating with guests and coworkers.
- Excellent oral communication skills and strong leadership skills.
- Ability to work individually and with a team to complete assignments, identify and investigate issues, and resolve guest concerns.
- Knowledge and skill using engineering tools and supplies.
- Willingness to travel daily throughout the service area.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in commercial HVAC service, hotel engineering, and electrical maintenance.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience participating in and overseeing hotel maintenance projects.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ refrigeration experience preferred.
- Trade school or training in building maintenance preferred.
- EPA certification preferred.
- Must have clean driving record.
- Must be available nights, weekends, and holidays.
The Maintenance Technician must be able to life a maximum of 50 pounds, with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds. This position requires extended periods of walking and standing, as well as reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, and seeing.