Restaurant General Manager
Harry’s Ocean Bar and Grille is seeking a friendly, energetic and hard-working General Manager to lead our management team. The Restaurant General Manager is responsible for ensuring the profitability and success of daily operations of Harry’s Food & Beverage team and facilities across the resort. Responsible for Food & Beverage guest service, maintaining high food quality, and providing timely and consistent food service to our guests. Coordinates food service activities, staffing, controls labor, special events, health and safety issues, budgeting, and inventory control. Works closely with the Food & Beverage team to ensure best practices and efficient operations of the Food & Beverage department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor operations of all food and beverage outlets, ensuring an efficient operation.
- Promotes and exemplifies the Harry’s culture of exceptional guest service, teamwork, innovation, and fun! Enjoys “pitching in” whenever and wherever assistance is needed.
- Ensures that guests and employees have a fun, safe, and memorable experience.
- Directly supervises staff of 50+ in the Food and Beverage department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work: evaluating performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Must be able to lead Food &Beverage staff with a clear vision. Inspires and motivates entire team. Recognizes and encourages individual strengths of staff. Continuously seeks and provides timely feedback and opportunities for development.
- Develops & maintains Standards & Operating Procedures for all Front of House to ensure consistent and effective training.
- Responsible for assisting with direct labor costs by developing proper scheduling and utilization of Front of House management and staff, while maintaining an outstanding level of customer service.
- Reviewing of all open and closing procedures, confirming money counts and drops.
- Handling and investigating complaints regarding food and beverage quality, service or amenities.
- Responsible for maintenance, appearance, safety, and sanitation of all food and beverage areas up to state and federal health regulations.
- Values our safety culture, our community, and maintaining a healthy, sustainable environment.
- Responsible for the security of all company property and for adhering to all applicable ABC, county, state, and federal laws.
- Must work with Executive Chef for food and beverage products to maintain consistency, presentation, and quality set by management and ownership.
- Assist in the direction of storage, preparation, and serving of products by other workers at food service areas.
- Directly responsible for accurate and appropriate bar productivity, costing, inventory & quality of the beverage service.
- Maintain inventory of non-food related items (Liquor, paper products, etc.)
- Organize interdepartmental meetings and participate in weekly management meetings.
- Responsible for all private/catered events, supervising the set-up, running and breakdown of the event as well as meeting with clients to plan event.
- Develop, participate and execute public relations, sales & marketing initiatives, special events/entertainment in collaboration with ownership and marketing team.
- Asks questions, shares concerns, or gives ideas on innovation and efficiencies that improve both the guests’ and employees’ experience.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Conducts and shows a high level of professionalism in appearance and demeanor.
- Has excellent communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy and courtesy.
- Self-motivated and hands-on with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to lead and direct employees, serve customers and maintain good service during intense conditions.
- Ability to analyze trends and situations in industry and turn them into business opportunities.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Digital Dining, etc.)
- Literate and fluent in English. Bi-lingual (Spanish) advantageous
- 3-4 years of experience in restaurant management
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- ServSafe or TIPS certified
- Flexible Schedule and the ability to meet the physical demands normally required of restaurant management.
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Potential
- Strong Benefits (Medical) Package
- Pension & Profit Sharing Plan
- Meal Discounts
- Very Supportive Team Environment