Christmas in Cape May NJ is in full swing.
This weekend is the Cape May Candlelight House Tour. It’s a favorite Cape May tradition so we’re excited to offer a special package (see below) that coincides with the last weekend of this special holiday tradition.
What is the Cape May Candlelight House Tour?
The Cape May Candlelight House Tour is a special holiday tradition that closes today, December 15. So, this is your last opportunity to tour Cape May’s historic district and surrounding areas during the 2018 holiday season!
The Candlelight House Tour is presented by the Mid-Atlantic Center for the Arts & Humanities (MAC). Each year, since 1974, Cape May Victorian homes, inns, churches and hotels open their doors to welcome visitors to share the warms of the holiday season. Tours are self-guided and selling quickly.
On the tour you’ll enjoy Christmas carols by candlelight, strolling musicians, and beautiful holiday decorations. Plus, hospitality centers will be welcoming guests with warm beverages and holiday treat during your travels. Too cold to walk? Free heated shuttles offer limited stops along some routes.
Tonight’s Christmas Candlelight House Tour’s featured properties include:
- Angel of the Sea, 5 Trenton Ave.
- Antoinette’s Apartments & Suites, 717 Washington St.
- Beauclaire’s Bed & Breakfast Inn, 23 Ocean St.
- Cape Island Baptist Church, Columbia Avenue & Gurney Street (restroom only)
- Cape May United Methodist Church, 635 Washington St. (tour only)
- The Carlin Family Residence, 1102 Lafayette St.
- Cavalier Cottage, 1109 Washington St.
- The Cedar House, 1035 Washington St.
- The Colonial House Museum, 653 ½ Washington St.
- Franklin’s Key, 313 Franklin St.
- The Harrison, 613 Columbia Ave.
- Inn at the Park, 1002 Washington St.
- The Kurtz Family Residence, 910 Washington St.
- The Luther Ogden Inn, 815 Kearney Ave.
- The Mainstay Inn, 635 Columbia Ave.
- The Mission Inn, 1117 New Jersey Ave.
- Our Lady Star of the Sea Church, 525 Washington Street Mall
- Many more…
Bonus, Christmas Candlelight House Tours also include admission to Cape May’s authentically decorated Victorian museum at the Physick Estate at 1048 Washington Street and the exhibit “An Old-fashioned Christmas: Holiday Traditions Through the Years” in the Carroll Gallery. And Old-fashioned Christmas features a Department 56 Dickens Village, model trains and other vintage Christmas memorabilia, as well as a giant Christmas tree.
The Christmas Candlelight House Tour is $35 for adults and $20 for children 3 to 12 years of age. The tour sells out quickly so please purchase tickets in advance by visiting www.capemaymac.org or calling (609) 884-5404 or (800) 275-4278.
Any remaining tickets on the day of the tour may be purchased at the Washington Street Mall Information Booth, Washington and Ocean Streets.
Candlelit Magic Package
December 14 – 16 (includes tickets to MAC’s Candlelight House tour)
Cape May transforms into a festive holiday village ever December. Stay with us the weekend of December 14 – 16 and see the magic of Cape May at the height of holiday season. Your package includes 2 tickets to a favorite holiday event: The Candlelight House Tour organized by MAC. At this self-guided walking tour, you’ll see beautiful homes, inns, and churches decorated for the holiday season. Complete with carolers, warm drinks and baked goods, this tour is sure to get you in the holiday spirit.
Your package includes:
- Premium accommodations starting at $182 per night*.
- Two tickets to MAC’s Candlelight House Tour on Saturday, December 15* at 5:30pm
- Holiday gift basket.
- Guide to holiday events planned throughout Cape May.
- Deluxe Continental Breakfast each morning.
Join us this holiday season for Christmas in Cape May NJ! At Montreal Beach Resort we take pride in treating all our guests like family. Nothing is more important to us than making sure each of customers has a fun and memorable stay. We look forward to celebrating this year’s holiday season with you.