Job Title: Grounds Person
Summary: To maintain the grounds and exterior of property in an attractive and safe condition, and to maximize curb appeal according to training guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Understand and follow daily work instructions according to the work schedule, and apply sound judgment to operate equipment safely as well as prevent problems.
- Preserve grounds by performing landscaping duties, fertilizing, trimming trees and other related duties.
- Operate equipment to perform landscaping duties such as push and ride mowers, weedeaters, garden tractors, blowers, edgers, hedge trimmers and various hand tools in accordance with approved operating guidelines and safety procedures.
- Maintain structural integrity of buildings by performing exterior building maintenance such as painting, and cleaning gutters and downspouts.
- Maintain tools and equipment in proper working order by performing minor maintenance as needed.
- Utilize safety equipment and gear in a proper manner.
- Perform snow removal duties on a seasonal basis if required by property.
- Communicate equipment problems or malfunctions to management immediately.
- Operate company vehicle in a safe manner to perform errands and transport materials if required by property.\
- Follow company rules and procedures as set forth in training sessions, manuals and guidelines.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Reading Skills
- Visual Skills
- Tenant Relations
- Sound Judgment
- Time Management
- Physical Dexterity Skills
- Manual Dexterity Skills
- Degree: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Prior landscaping experience helpful.
- Valid Drivers License – Must meet insurance underwriting requirements