At Montreal Beach Resort the best beaches in New Jersey are just steps away.
There’s nothing better than making memories with friends and family at the beach. Here are some great tips to help you make the most of your beach time during visit.
- Don’t forget towels, a hat, sunglasses, and a cover up. Bare minimum, you’ll need these things to survive the day.
- Know when to apply and reapply sunscreen. According to the Skin Cancer Foundation, you should apply sunscreen 30 minutes prior to sun exposure and reapply every two hours. Remember to apply sunscreen on cloudy days, too, because as much as 40 percent of the sun’s harmful ultraviolet can breakthrough.
- In addition to sunscreen bring some bug spray – just in case. It’s not every day you encounter horseflies here in NJ, but it’s a possibility, so make sure you come prepared.
- If you’re planning to spend a full day and eat lunch, bring biodegradable garbage bags for your trash. Why biodegradable bags? Because plastic bags are notoriously bad for sea life. Alternatively, you may consider bringing a reusable bag you can rinse out later. Either way, it’s important to take all your trash with you when you leave.
For Your Comfort
- Bring a mineral water or green tea mist with you. These spray-on mists will refresh your skin and cool you down.
- Apply some baby oil if you’ve just shaved your legs. Salt water irritates newly shaved skin so try this to keep them sting-free.
- Bring a yoga mat. If you value your comfort, place a yoga mat under your towel and enjoy its waterproof and cushioned comfort.
- Use lip balm. Excessive sun exposure can dry your lips so keep a lip balm containing SPF close by.
For Your Kids
- Stay wave aware. We all know that the best sand for making sandcastles is at the shoreline. But, be aware that small children can easily be swept away by big waves that come out of nowhere. Always stay with your kids when they’re near the water.
- Stay close to the lifeguard. When choosing your spot for the day, pick one near the lifeguard so if your kids get lost, or have an emergency, there’s someone nearby to help.
- Explore tide pools. You’re likely to find snails, starfish and other cool sea creatures. But, keep in mind these pool communities are teeming with life and should be respected. Tide pools often form during low tides, so be sure to look at your local tide schedule.
For Your Skin
- Chill your sunscreen. Keep your sunscreen in your cooler with ice. That way, when you apply and reapply, you’ll stay extra cool.
- In case you burn, bring a spray bottle filled with equal parts apple cider vinegar and water. Use this homemade mixture to calm inflammation and alleviate sensitivity.
- Bring some loose-fitting clothing. Plan to wear loose clothing on your way home in case you get sunburned. Clothes that are too tight may exacerbate red and tender skin.
- Chill some tea. Dabbing cold black tea onto sunburned skin helps alleviate the sting.
At Montreal Beach Resort, we have everything you need to create the perfect beach getaway at the best beaches in New Jersey.
Can’t wait? Start planning your next beach trip to Cape May today!